Step 1 - Get the hardware
You will need a Raspberry Pi or any 64-bit Intel/AMD machine to install KeexyBox.
- Raspberry Pi
- MicroSD card >= 16GB
- Good quality micro USB power supply > 2.5A
- RJ45 cable
- A Raspberry Pi Case
- Intel/AMD 64-bit machine (KeexyBox can be installed on a virtual machine)
- 1 CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 16GB HDD
Step 2 - Install KeexyBox app
The steps to install KeexyBox will be as follows:
- Download RaspiOS Lite image bundled with last KeexyBox version.
- Use balenaEtcher to flash the downloaded .img.xz image on your MicroSD.
- Insert MicroSD card in your Raspberry PI.
- Plug a RJ45 cable between your Raspberry PI and your internet router.
- Plug micro USB power supply.
To install KeexyBox on 64-bit Intel/AMD machine, follow this guide.
Step 3 - Configure your KeexyBox
Before configuring your KeexyBox we recommend reading this article to understand how to implement it: KeexyBox network topologies
The steps to configure your KeexyBox will be as follows:
- Set the date and time
- Set the Network configuration
- Enable DHCP on KeexyBox and disable it on your Internet router
- Import Blacklist of websites in KeexyBox
- Add KeexyBox users
- Scan and add devices of your network (optional)